bloghomeblogadventuresblogbooks

Friday, April 1, 2011

seattle: part I

We were up in Seattle a couple weeks ago to visit my family. We had such a good time. Here is proof:
pike place market

At Pike Place market with my parents and uncle and tim.
pike place market
pike place market
fresh mushrooms
The market was bustling! Seafood stands throwing fresh fish around (where we got a fresh tako poke, mmm delicious), farm fresh produce (including this delectable array of mushrooms!, we got some of those pungent truffles for Albert), and lots of specialty items, like chocolate pasta and homemade jams. I wish we could go grocery shopping here every day.

pike place market
pike place market

We got coffees at the original Starbucks and piroshky (a baked Russian delight! we had ours filled with chicken+mushroom+rice and potato+mushroom+onion) for a snack while perusing the art stalls. I also really liked all the signs - most were handpainted old school style.
signs at pike place
Note to self: I need to get that dental sign for myself. Also, a dental office in a farmer's market next to the sausage maker.

The Seattle adventure continues next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© timheartjane 2011 Photos taken by me, unless otherwise stated.